Monday, April 20, 2009

What will help him?

My dad has been home since last Thursday. Is he better?
If you ask him, he'll say "Nope. It's still there."
If you ask me, "Yes, his abdominal area is smaller."

I'm not saying things just to please/comfort him or anyone that is reading my blog. My family & I and the Dr do think that his abdominal area is getting smaller.

However, as the patient himself, he would probably tell you that he is good only when his stomach is flat. I don't blame him cause he is the one with the pain, not us.

We haven't lost hope in searching for something that might just help him. My mum has been looking out for herbal remedies. My sister & I researching online to see what are the things that my dad can do to make his pain go away. The Drs are helping him. One by motivating him, the other going all out to look for alternative remedies.

One of the things that I find that my dad not doing is doing something to occupy his mind. I asked him "Would you like to do something?"
Then he said "I don't feel like doing what I want to do."
It saddens me that the pain got to him faster that we can save him. So we could only tell him to keep talking to God. That is the only thing that he is doing every day and every time that he feels uncomfortable.

I'm now looking for previous Ascites patients. If there is anyone you know that has had Ascites, could you kindly ask them to share their success story? So that we may be able to convey the message to my dad. To tell him that patience is all he need. And perhaps the success story comes with a remedy that we could use it on my dad.

What else can help him keep his mind off the pain?
We are asking him to read books. Go online. Do what he likes to do at home. (However, his concentration level is not that high at the moment.)

Any suggestions on how we can help my dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin