Friday, April 10, 2009

When the going gets tough..

The tough gets going. (If only it's as easy done as said.)

My dad started taking walks last night. It's a progress! :)

My dad is still having discomfort from the surgery. When he tells us about it, I could sense the discomfort that he is feeling. I may not understand how it feels but looking at him this way, makes me wish that I have magic hands that I could just remove those fluid immediately.

A thought came to my mind today as I was massaging my dad's feet.
My thought "my appendicitis surgery is no big deal." I went through an amount of pain for 2 weeks after the surgery but the length of the scar that was left on my body is 10 times smaller than what my dad has. So he will have to be patient with himself as it will probably take 10 times longer to heal from the surgery.

All I could do is to motivate him to fight this one last battle as he fought the other battles with a brave heart. He is progressing day by day as my sister reads his charts. Everyday he has more output than input and that's very good news! Daddy is a strong man! :)

You must be wondering.. 
"Output more than input=losing more weight? How can it be good news?"
Yes it is good news. As my dad loses weight, he's losing the fluid. That would mean he is progressing. He has to take a huge amount of protein to be able to stop those fluid from coming back and the injection & pills will do the work for removing the fluid.

Complicated huh? Bottom line is that he must lose weight and boost up his protein level.

Today is Good Friday and it always rains on Good Friday. I like to call it the shower of blessings from Heaven. :)

My sister would be baptized tomorrow during the Easter Vigil at Kristus Aman Chapel. I can see that she is very excited. I am very happy for her as she will begin her journey as a Catholic. 

As we celebrate Easter, my dad would always be on my mind. I'll keep him in my prayers and may God use his healing ways to help daddy take away all the discomfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin