Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 12: Spanish Mackerel

We were watching tv in the hospital and daddy suddenly told me "I miss the Japanese Spanish Mackerel (Saba Teriyaki)."

I told mum and she said that I can buy it for lunch and let him have some.

Before having some Saba, he asked if he could try the hospital's Egg Mayo sandwich. I gave him one small bite and we have to keep reminding him to chew before he swallow. I had Udon for lunch, he asked if he could have a strand of noodle. So I gave him one. 

After 20minutes, he wants the Saba. I gave him bit by bit. After 3 bites, he asked if he could finish the whole fish. My mum went.. "NOooo!!! not everything!" (She's afraid that he may feel bloated.)

Then he decided to have a "look" at the fish and ask me to hand it to him. He said he wants to have the skin and again my mum stopped him. (The fish skin is burnt. No good for cancer patients.)


Mmmm...can I have it all?
Daddy feeding himself one last bite before mummy stop him. He didn't take anymore solids for the rest of the day. Not too much in one day. 

Bit by bit.. as the Malay saying goes "Sikit-sikit, lama-lama jadi bukit!" 
(Well of course, daddy can't have a mountain of food. :P )

1 comment:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin