Saturday, May 23, 2009

Updates: Small Surgery & Ham Chim Peng!

My apologies for not updating daddy's journey, it's difficult for me to update at night without my laptop at home. My dad is still in the hospital and every day he has something new. I shall just wrap them up from where I've left.

My dad went for a small surgery last Friday (15 May 2009). He had some pain at the end of his scar. When he showed the Dr, Dr immediately knew that it was the leftover thread that is inside his abdominal muscle. The thread was suppose to dissolve by itself but because my dad is skinny, it didn't.

So Dr performed a short surgery (only lasted for 20 minutes) on him on that very day.

WARNING: The image below may be too much for some. Do continue reading with a brave heart!

The part that caused the pain. Can you see the black spot? That's where the thread is.

After the surgery, my dad was given Antibiotics. The Antibiotics made dad cough a lot. He had trouble sleeping at night for the next few nights until he asked the Dr if he could stop taking the Antibiotics. The Dr grant him his wish.

One day, I was telling my parents about my dream. I woke up wanting to eat something. As I said "Hey mummy & daddy, I woke up from my nap and I thought of eating... " then my dad proclaimed "HAM CHIM PENG" before I could finish my sentence. (It's a chinese delicacy. Red bean covered with flour and deep fried.) That put a smile on my face. It's good that he's craving for food.

The next day, my mum told me my dad wants to have "Yau Char Kuey". His love for these fried fritters is back! Unfortunately, he'll have to wait patiently.

The next day, he told my mum that he would like to have some cake. :) My mum was craving for Pandan Layer Cake. So she asked my sister to get Pandan Layer Cake. So they had Pandan Layer Cake for dessert (I'm not a fan of Pandan Layer Cake.) and my dad got a few mouthful of it too. :) [In case you are worried, we have asked the Dr's permission before feeding daddy Pandan Layer Cake.]


YUM! Pandan Layer Cake time!

My dad is currently doing some exercises on his bed and also some recommended exercises standing up and walking by the physiotherapist. So far the exercise is helping him but it does make him cough. Perhaps his lungs are exercising too. 

I thank you all for your concern as I can see that many have visited the site and left with disappointment. My apologies once again and I will do my best to update everyone more often. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to learn that your dad is making some progress, though slowly but surely. Our thoughts will always be with him and so will our prayers. We wish him well and most importantly, you stay well too.

    KK Chai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Uncle Chai! :)

    He is more positive about things now. Let's just continue to pray for him. He knows that he has so much support. :)

    You take care too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin