Thursday, March 12, 2009

12th March 2009-Start young!

I just realized that the last time I fell ill  was 1-2 years ago. (I had stomach discomfort but only when I was preparing for our wedding & if I ate something that is not clean.) Perhaps my body is telling me that I need rest. 

I haven't been sleeping 7-8 hours a day. I really miss those days where I can hit the snooze button by 10.30pm and wake up at 6.15am. Since I started preparing for my wedding til today, on average, I can only catch 5-6 hours of good sleep. I think my body is telling me to switch it back to sleeping by 10.30pm every day.

When I was younger, I use to sleep at 10pm. My family would tease me and call me "Miss 10 o'clock" cause I would automatically wish everyone good night at 10pm. :)

Our body needs to rest. I know some people think that sleeping is a waste of time or our life is too short, why sleep so early.. ENJOY!!
Your life will be shorter if you sleep less every day. :)

My dad has an amazing career. One thing that he didn't have enough was sleep. Now that he has gone through it all, his advise to us is to always catch enough sleep, take supplements, drink more water, exercise, meditate (to de-stress), try your best to stay off drugs (meaning don't fall sick.) & eat more greens & fruits.


Apricot Kennels
I've been eating 20 of these every day since last Saturday. Apparently it helps to prevent cancer.

Water is essential!
After all, majority of our body is made of water. :)

My daily supplements. :) 

I admire people who still have their parents with them even though they have aged. Like my mum, my grandma is still around even though my mum is already 52. My colleague & her elder siblings still have their parents around even though they are now at the age of 40s-50s.

I would want my children to still have their parents when they are 50 years and above and I pray that I would still have my parents with me when I reach that age too. It'll be nice to have them around. Watch them grow as how they have watched me grow. :)


I'm watching my parents grow old. :) 
My dad with his newspaper & my mum with her PDA. (she's actually playing games on the PDA.) My mum has a new hair cut. Only about 2inches longer than my dad's hair now. COOL! 

My dad made a progress today. He gained a little more weight and he could eat some fish & okra with his porridge today. :) My mum was so happy that she could cook nicer food for my dad today. :) 

Do your best to stay healthy and as they always say, start young!

Oh, it's 10.15pm! Time to hit the snooze button! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin