Thursday, March 5, 2009

5th March 2009-Lets Stay Healthy!

I went for my first Qi Gong class with my parents last night. It was very interesting. I felt very much relaxed when I was practising it. My dad was happy to have us accompany him. I shall suggest that we all do some Qi Gong just before we sleep. Apparently, it will build up more energy when more people practise it together. :)

I've also switched to introducing more fruits into my daily meals. Having Organic meals whenever I can. I can't have Organic food for lunch as there isn't any Organic shop near my work place. So I'll have organic meals as many meals as I can. Since I love to snack, I bought some Organic Brown Rice Crackers. It actually taste very good! :) My dad likes it too. He said "It melts in my mouth." I guess he is happy cause he can eat healthy snacks that don't need him to chew that much. :)

My dad has been asking us to join him in many things. I do want to join him to show him some support. That's why I decided to go for Qi Gong, eat more fruits & have Organic meals. My mum find it a little difficult to be having Organic food every meal. I suggested that she have at least one meal in a day that is organic. Then she won't feel so "bored". This doesn't mean my mum is not supportive of my dad. I understand that a person can't just change her lifestyle so easily. Moreover, my mum has always been given the freedom to do whatever she likes. It will take some time for her to adjust.

The other way of staying healthy is by saying prayers. I would also like to introduce this to my dad. He may be doing it already but it's probably best to be praying together. I've read in an article, it says that by praying/meditating, a cancer patient will eventually heal by him/herself without medication. It will also help the patient heal faster when he/she undergo treatment.

We do take our health for granted. Especially when we are still at the "young" age. I have to admit, I once took my health for granted. 

When I was in Form 6, I didn't know how to love myself. I studied & work part time, just to earn some pocket money. I only had 4 hours of sleep daily. One fine day, I fell very ill. I had very high fever. Got myself admitted into the hospital and had to rest from school & work for about a week.

But that experience didn't change my view on "loving myself". I found another part time job which was less texting to my study-work schedule and continue to study & work part time. I did this until the end of my Form 6 life. Fortunately, I didn't get admitted into the hospital again and I still manage to obtain results that were good enough to get myself into UM.

When I was studying in university, I was admitted into the hospital twice! Until my dad said "Are you making it a habit to admit into the hospital annually?" 

After that, I begin to learn how to take control of my own health. I am fortunate to have found a job that don't require me to stay back every day. I do leave my office on time 90% of the year. (Thank God for blessing me with this job.) I also introduced exercise into my daily routine and I'm proud to say that I didn't check myself into the hospital for 2 years now. :)

I stopped exercising since my wedding. After a couple of months, I don't feel healthy. That's one of the reason why I decided to go for Qi Gong with my dad. I can kill two birds with one stone. 
1) Give my dad some support
2) Good for my health


My dinner last night. Organic Assam Fish with Brown Rice.


My mums' dinner. Organic Loh Wan Tan Mee.


My parents at the Organic restaurant. 
My dad was picking out vegetables to eat.

I had this for dinner tonight. Organic Tom Yam Noodle. 
It taste yummy! Too spicy for my mum though.


My dad & his brother, Uncle Kien Ping.
They look even more alike now. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin