Tuesday, February 10, 2009

10th February 2009- Day 6 at Room 6051

It's my first day back at work after taking the whole of last week off. Started quite fast as I had to play catch up with work.

It became a habit for me to ask my dad how he is every morning. So I e-mailed him from work. 

He told me that the Dr has removed the Urine tube and one of the blood tube. WHAT A JOY! He now has 2 more tubes to remove! Then he'll be ready to come home. :) 
Great progress daddy! 

I bought a small bottle of Tropicana Apple Juice as a reward. However, we are still unsure whether he is allowed to drink it. Hopefully he will remember to ask the Dr tomorrow.

I miss tending to my dad. However, I know I must concentrate at work. I had to solve my "burping" problem before getting back to stressful stuff. So I went to my company's panel. The Dr prescribed me with liquid & pills to treat Gastric. :)

My daddy received SUNFLOWERS today! It was from my colleagues! :) 


Thank you all so much for this SUNNY surprise! :)
The basket was indeed heavy. It has 10 stalks of sunflowers & 10 fruits in it. :)

I was stuck at the train station after work for about 1.5 hours. I decided to take a train from the opposite direction, all the way to the last station. Take the same train back home. Luckily the last station is only 3 station away from Bank Negara Station.

I was frustrated cause I wanted to see my dad earlier. Wanted to spend more time with him but because of the delay, I only got to see him for about an hour.

When I went into the room, I saw him like this...

Vincent Woo the Musketeer!
He said that the cold air is blowing on his face, making him feel cold. So he decided to cover the lower half of his face. 

We spent the hour talking about corporate stuff & about him wanting to pass on his skills to me, my sister & my husband. (My dad can manage talking without stopping for about 3 minutes now. However, he still had to pause a while to control his cough & his voice is still a little husky.)

Thank you daddy for guiding & loving us. For pointing out our weaknesses, for helping us grow up to be a better person. We will show the same kind of love to our children. :)

I shall wrap up todays' post with a song. I love to watch the movie "Sister Act".  If you haven't watched it before, you should. I find it entertaining, meaningful & re-energizing when I listen to the choir sing. There are 3 songs that I like in this movie: "Hail Holy Queen", "My God" & "I Will Follow Him".

Here's part of the lyrics to the song "My God":

Nothing you could say that could tear me away from My God.
Nothing you could do cause I'm stuck like glue to My God.
I'm sticking to my God like a stamp to a letter,
Like birds of a feather we stick together
I'm telling you from the start, I can't be torn apart from my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin