Monday, February 23, 2009

23rd February 2009 - A surprise visit from Hong Kong

To begin my post for today. Let me just write a little on yesterday. 

Han & I brought my dad to church yesterday. It was his first time attending mass in a Catholic church (besides my wedding). Well, I hope he had a good experience. To us, it was just bringing my dad there so that he can attend mass. It doesn't matter which road he takes after this experience.

My dad is sorting out his diet. He has some discomfort once in a while. So he is trying to cut out whatever food that gives him discomfort. 

Today, my dad had a surprise visit. Susan Kan (my youngest aunty, Aunty Jennifer's good friend) came to visit. She is from Hong Kong. She went to my parent's place but failed to see them at there. Luckily my parents' neighbour, Mr. Chua was outside and he guided them to my place.

It was indeed a pleasant surprise for my parents to have her come all the way to pay us a visit. Unfortunately, I was at work. Would have been nice to snap a photo of her. :)

My dad feels much better today. He went back to his place and played with the 2 furry creatures. My mum said that both of them were so happy to see him. My dad gave them both a good rub and groomed them. I assured my mum that they are clean as I have given them a good bath on Saturday.

Uncle Kien Ping & Aunty Lilian dropped by in the evening. Uncle Kien Ping helped my dad order a bed that is similar to the ones that the hospital has. My dad needs the electronic foldable bed so that he can get a good sleep. Hopefully the bed will be delivered to our house soon.

My dad had more guests. KL Tan & wife are now downstairs talking to my parents. :) KL Tan is my dad's ex-treasure hunt mate. They do stay in touch and remained good friends even after KL Tan retired from treasure hunting.

The fruit basket that KL Tan & wife gave.


My dad explaining his health condition. He must have repeated this many times but each time I hear him explaining it in a different way but the message is the same. My dad is always innovative in these things. You can put a message across in different ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin