Wednesday, February 11, 2009

11th February 2009- Day 7 at Room 6051

I manage to leave the office on time today. And catch the earliest train that I could and lucky for me, there wasn't any train delay. PHEW!

My mum picked me up from Subang Jaya station and we went for dinner before heading to the hospital. My mum told me about my dads' progress and she sounded happier herself. Firstly, she was happy that her 2nd sister came for a visit. Amongst her 8 siblings, she is closest to her 2nd sister. My aunt comforted her and gave her some emotional booster! :)

Secondly, my dad did an X-ray today and the results turned out GREAT! :) Mum kept teasing dad about being worried before the results came out but I think she has the same worry in her too. 

I'm happy to see her laugh & talk more openly today and also eating a full plate of rice! Kudos to mummy! :)

As much as she projects that she is strong, I know that deep inside her, she is hurting. She has been very strong for my dad and I love her for that. For showing me how a wife should be when your husband needs you to just be there to give him the morale support and to take care of him.

The Dr removed my dad's drips! YAY! That would mean, my dad can now eat anything & everything! (Well, not exactly everything & anything. He has to watch his diet.) However, there are some food that was given by the hospital that my dad don't eat naturally. He call them the "5 whites". 
1) Milk
2) White Sugar
3) Flour
I can't remember the other two whites, I think it's White Bread & White Rice. 
The reason why the above food is white is because it's bleached. Therefore, there isn't any natural nutrition in it. Apparently, if you pour white sugar on the floor, no ants would go near it because it's not "healthy". (You may try the theory.)


These were BIG NO-NOs for daddy!


And the healthier form of sugar, FRUITS! :)

Daddy has one more tube attached to him. The Dr said he will remove the last tube tomorrow! WOOHOOO! my daddy is clear off tubes tomorrow! 

Now he just needs to concentrate gaining weight & strength. The Dr will need to monitor his weight before he can be discharged. My dad is also advised to stay home for a period of time to regain the strength and immune system that he needs.


This is something that he needs to do to strengthen his lungs or "open up" his lungs. It's called "Balloon Blowing". He has to do it every hour for 5-6 times. It's not that easy when you have just undergone surgery as your lungs get tired easily.

My dad has also recovered from his surgical pain. Praise the Lord! It was a miracle as yesterday he still had difficulty shifting himself because of the pain. However, he still had to deal with his coughing today. He hasn't been sleeping well because he kept coughing.

So today, we tried something new.


VINCENT WOO, the Mount Everest climber!
He is determined to solve this coughing issue. My uncle suggested that he wears a jacket and cover his head. So he went home to get this jacket for my dad. I figured that my dad's neck might be cold, so I wrapped a towel around his neck. Hopefully he could catch some sleep tonight.

I was told to recite this Psalm when my dad was undergoing surgery last week. I find it soothing and it is "Thanksgiving for Deliverance from Many Troubles". Here is part of the reading.

Some were sick through their sinful ways,
and because of their iniquities endured affliction;
they loathed any kind of food, 
and they drew near to the gates of death.
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress;
he sent out his word and healed them,
and delivered them from destruction.
Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love,
for his wonderful works to humankind.
And let them offer thanksgiving sacrifices,
and tell of his deeds with songs of joy.

~Psalms 107:17-22~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin