Friday, February 27, 2009

27th February 2009- YES YOU CAN!

I haven't had time to update my blog lately. Many apologies.

My dad has been progressing well. He has been doing a lot of trial & error to see what type of food gives him discomfort and he will just avoid whatever food that gives him discomfort. He also got a new bed for himself. It's like the ones they have at the hospital. This is so that he can sleep comfortably. Well, it's his first night trying it out. We'll see what the verdict is tomorrow. :)

My dad's friend has also given him a list of food that he can consume. I call it the "Vincent Woo's food list/menu". I'll revamp it for him so that it doesn't look so depressing to see so many "Xs" on the paper. Perhaps design some recipe for my mum to cook/make for my dad. Make everything more colourful. 
Hey, who said you can't have fun while you are going through tough times? :)

A lot has been happening lately to my personal & corporate life. It did irritate me but I know that it's the reality and I have to face it & solve it. After all, I've only been working for almost 3 years, I think there is like 10x more to come.  Will just have to pray for guidance every day.

My colleague forwarded an e-mail to me which I find very touching & motivating. 
It's about a father & son (Dick & Rick Hoyt). 
Here is the message from the e-mail:
A true story; 
One day, a son asks his dad "Daddy, would you like to run a marathon with me?". 
The father says "yes". And they ran their first marathon together.
Another time, the son asks his dad again "Daddy, would you like to run a marathon with me?".
The father says "Yes son."
One day, the son asks his father " Daddy, would you run the Ironman with me?"
[The Ironman is the most difficult triathlon ever ( 4 kms swimming, 180 kms biking, 42 km running )]
And the dad says "Yes". 

Watch this clip and clips that are related to it. You will be inspired to be strong and you will see just how amazing God & love can be.

Just remember, whatever obstacles come your way, He will always be there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin