Sunday, February 8, 2009

8th February 2009-Day 4 at Room 6051

My dad is still struggling with his surgical pain. It's even tougher now because he seem to be coughing often. Every time he coughs, he will have to hang on to the sides of the bed or hold on to his abdomen because it's just too painful.

He begin to look very tired because he can't sleep with the need to cough almost all the time.

PROGRESS! The Dr said that he will remove the tube at his nose tomorrow. HOORAY! One more tube down. 4 more to go!

Dr encouraged my dad to not give up. He said it's normal to feel chesty and to be coughing after surgery. Asked my dad not to hold it back. Just cough it all out. He gave my dad the thumbs up for progressing so well. He said "Just a few more days and I'll send you home. Don't give up!"
My dad responded with his thumbs up! :) The nurse then said "JIA YOU JIA YOU!" (direct translation, "add oil add oil!".  It's a kind of cheer/motivation for people to work harder and not give up!)

We then helped my dad to find the most comfortable position.

We went back to the hospital in the evening. We found my dad sitting on the chair! More PROGRESS! My dad earned 3 bonus points today. 
Bonus Point No. 1) Dr said he will remove the nose tube tomorrow.
Bonus Point No. 2) He could sit on the chair for 3 hours.
Bonus Point No. 3) He passed motion for the first time since surgery.

PRAISE THE LORD! :)

We moved him back to the bed because he was too tired of sitting down. He then fell into cold fever. The nurse said he is not allowed to take any form of medication. So all we could do is use a ice pack to warm him down.

My dad felt very cold. He asked us to rub his hands & feet. After some "magic" touches, he felt warm again. His temperature was back to normal.

Uncle Kien Ping & family then came to visit him. We could see that he is very happy to see them and indeed very happy to have the lil ones holding his hand in prayer.

He then felt feverish again. This time his body was very warm. We informed the nurse to give him a new ice pack. My mum & I couldn't tend to my dad further as the guard has "shoo-ed" us away. (It was pass the visiting hours.)

I pray that my dad will recover from his fever. And that he will get some rest from the tiring day. Heavenly Father, hold my dads' hand and tell him that he will be ok. Have him getting enough sleep to build up his strength.

I came back and found messages on FB & my blog. Thank you all so much for your messages & words of encouragement. :)

One message from a FB friend touched me as I have not known him very well. He is a treasure hunter like my dad. The title of his message "Wishing Vincent Woo a speedy recovery". The title itself means a lot to me. I'm glad that my dad is famous in the treasure hunting world that he has even more friends (known/unknown to him) praying for him.
This part of the message touched me further:
"I felt compelled to write to you because I related very much to your story when I read it. My mum went through the same passage as well after being diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago. She too had a successful surgery and is now on medication for another 5 years as part of the treatment.

Your friend's brother in law is right. Take treatment as a friend and continue with daily life is the way to go. And with the support that he seems to be getting from his family and friends, I'm sure it'll be no time before I see him treasure hunting again!"

Dear friend (you know who you are. don't dare to mention your name in case you don't want to be mentioned), Thank you so much once again for these words of encouragement. :)

I shall wrap up todays' post with one of my favourite Psalm:

You who live in the shelter of the Most High,
who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,
will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress;
my God, in whom I trust."

For he will deliver you from the 
snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence;
he will cover you with his pinions,
and under his wing you will find refuge;
his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

You will not fear the terror of the night,
or the arrow that flies by day,
or the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
or the destruction that wastes at noonday.

A thousand my fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
You will only look with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

Because you have made the LORD your refuge,
the Most High your dwelling place,
no evil shall befall you,
no scourge come near your tent.

For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
On their hands they will bear you up,
so that you will not dash your foot against a stone.

You will tread on the lion and the adder,
the young lion and the serpent you will trample under foot.

Those who love me, I will deliver;
I will protect those who know my name.
When they call to me, I will answer them;
I will be with them in trouble,
I will rescue them and honour them.
With long life I will satisfy them, 
and show them my salvation.

~Psalm 91:1-16~

For those who believe, when you are in doubt, recite this Psalm. This is God's assurance of His protection.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin