Monday, February 16, 2009

16th February 2009-Home Theatre System

It's a super warm day! Ok, I've downgraded the weather today. IT'S A SUPER DUPER HOT! arggghhh! :P

Since it's a working day, it's back to the norm. My mum sending me to the station. She will pick me up from the station in the evening. My mum told me about her bringing dad home (to their house) today. She was nagging my dad the whole way cause my dad dismantled his home theatre system (HTS) all by himself. Besides that, he got to play with the 3 furry creatures at home too. I'm sure they gave him joy. He once told me that he missed the 3 dogs. Well, they are just so adorable, I miss them too.

My mum kept telling me about my dad not listening to her and she had to keep nagging him to stop. When they brought the HTS back, my mum warned him not to touch it. My dad asked my mum to help him but she refused. So my dad said that his daughter (meaning me) will do it for him.

Uncle Kien Ping & Aunty Lilian came. So Uncle Kien Ping helped my dad out. Eventually, my dad had to touch the HTS too. haha. Itchy fingers?
In my opinion, my dad loves these stuff. He wants to do it, let him do it. As long as he is happy. He knows whether he is in pain or not. I'm sure after going through so much at the hospital, he would know when to stop and ask people to help him. 


Here is daddy & Uncle Kien Ping fixing the HTS. Initially it was just me & Uncle Kien Ping fixing it but half way through I had to attend to my phone. Then my dad took over and he stayed there until it's fixed. The smile on his face when he got it fixed was priceless! When Uncle Kien Ping mentioned the word "projector", my dads' eyes immediately widen and he asked "You have a projector at home?" with a big smile. My dad is a fan of Liverpool Football Club and at his home, he enjoys watching Liverpool matches using the projector. (Yes, his house has a projector & a projector screen.) His projector broke down a few months back. So when my uncle mentioned "projector", it got my dad excited. :)


My mum complaint that her shoulders are aching. Perhaps from the sleepless nights last week. My dad helping her reliever the ache while watching tv. I always feel that you can show TLC at any age & I find it very sweet when old folks show TLC towards their partners. My parents are perfect examples. They are both in their early 50s and they are still holding hands when they are out shopping/walking. I would always tell Han, "My parents look so cute holding hands." :)

I read this entry on my dad's blog (shared with his treasure hunting mates) & it touched me. 
Here is the longer version of the reading that was mentioned in the entry.

Do Not Worry

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life,
what you will eat or what you will drink, or about your body, what you will wear.
Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns,
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. 
Are you not of more value than they?
And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life?
And why do you worry about clothing?
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow;
they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, 
even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these.
But if God so clothes the grass of the field, 
which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven,
will he not much more clothe you - you of little faith?
Therefore do not worry, saying, "What will we eat?"
or "What will we drink?" or "What will we wear?"
For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things;
and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness,
and all these things will be given to you as well.
"So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own.
Today's trouble is enough for today."

Matthew 6:25-34



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin