Monday, February 9, 2009

9th February 2009-Day 5 at Room 6051

My dad made more progress! :) Wonderful news!

When the Dr came in this morning , he said to me with a smile "Hey, you are always here in the morning?!"
Well, I wanted to say "He is my daddy!" haha.. but I just smiled and said "Yup!"
However, tomorrow onwards, I will only be around in the evening after work except for weekends. 

The Dr would always greet my dad with a smile. He checked my dads' stomach today and told me just when he stepped out of the room "OK. He looks good. I'm going to remove the nose tube and he is allowed to drink clear fluids."
I responded, "Very good news! Thank you Dr."

I went into my dad's room and shouted (not very loudly).. "YAYyyy!"
My dad responded with a smile. Seeing him smile means a lot to me. 

Here are photos to show my dad's progress for the day!
 

My dad with one of his favourite toy: his handphone! He couldn't play with his hp for long after the surgery. His eyes will want to shut when he looks down. Today, he made a progress, he played with his hp until he has nothing else to do with the phone! :)

Just before the nurse remove his nose tube. The nurse changed the tag behind from "Sips of H2O" to "Fluids Only". My dad then told me "Do you know what I feel like drinking now?" I said "What is it?" He said "Tropicana Apple Juice!" with a BIG SMILE! :) 


NO MORE NOSE TUBE! Yayy! Spot the "Fluids Only" sign?

Today he also asked whether we brought his laptop. :) My daddy is back to his old ways. Praise the Lord. :) We brought his laptop to the hospital in the evening and he used up the battery. The hospital does not allow us to charge the laptop in the room. We can only use handphone battery chargers. Daddy will have to wait til tomorrow morning to continue surfing the net.

My dad tend to cough more at night and it makes him very uncomfortable because of the surgical pain. We were searching for ways to keep him warm. Turned up the air conditioner temperature. Covered his chest & back with towels and blankets. Rubbed ointment on his back. He used pillows to block wind from flowing to his back. 
After a while, he suggested: "Cover my head!"


VINCENT WOO, The Treasure Hunter! (ARrrrr!)
My daddy, auditioning for a place in Pirates of the Caribbean 4. :P

I was reading the Bible this morning. One of the readings for today touched me.

"When they had crossed over, they came to land at Gen-nes'a-ret and moored the boat. 
When they got out of the boat, people at once recognized him, and rushed about that whole region and began to bring the sick on mats to wherever they heard he was. 
And wherever he went, into villages or cities or farms, they laid the sick in the marketplaces, and begged him that they might touch even the fringe of his cloak; 
and all who touched it were healed."

~Mark 6:53-56~

The title of this reading is "Healing the Sick in Gennesaret". :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin