Saturday, February 21, 2009

21st February 2009-Decisions

I had a long day. 

I went back to my parents' place to help my mum out with the housework. Usually I would be greeted by 3 furry creatures. However today, there were only 2 jumping around. One was struggling to stand up. The moment I saw Pingu, I knew that there isn't much time left.

I decided to give her a good bath. A lot of thoughts came to my mind while I was attending to her. I dealt with the other two dogs after I finish attending to Pingu until Han came and pick me up to send Pingu to the vet. We decided to do an enema first.

On the other hand, my dad had some difficulty passing motion. My mum attended to him immediately and soon after, he manage to discard the waste. :)

I told my dad about Pingu's health condition. My dad then gave me the authority to make a decision. I felt the responsibility & burden all stacked on me.I don't know which road I should take. I don't blame my dad for giving me this role as I understand his health condition too. Perhaps this is his way to teach me how to make decisions. I can't always depend on him to make the decisions.

My dad then told Han & I about his decision & the road that he wish to take to fight this battle. We heard him out and we respect his decision. We will support him all the way through and help him at all times.

My dad had visitors today. His UOB ex-colleagues. Thank you all for dropping by. I could see that my dad was very happy to have his ex-boss, Mr. Wong over. My dad even asked me to wait for him to come before I go out for lunch. Well, all of my dads' ex-colleagues who came were telling me the last time they saw me was when I was a little girl. haha.. TIME FLIES! :)

My dads' UOB ex-colleagues & their family members. 


This round of visitors did not sit on the stairs. haha. 

Many thoughts came to my mind throughout the day. I spoke to Han about it and he gave me his point of view. Spoke to my parents again just before going to the vet to see Pingu. My parents both have the same view but different opinions on how we should do the burial.

I have been the one who wanted her to come back after her operation in June 2007. The Dr gave us two options then. To put her to sleep or to keep her and feed her the best food that we can afford. I chose to keep her & my dad agreed. We kept her and her health has improved. However, at one point, her health started to deteriorate. Today is the day to decide again what the Dr proposed 1.8 years ago. 

We have decided to put her to sleep tomorrow. She will be put to rest at 10am. I met her for one last time and gave her all the love that I can on behalf of my family & those who adored her. I said a prayer and asked God to protect her and bring her to meet Happy & Shaggy (my two other dogs who passed away) in heaven.

I have never thought that something like this would happen as the other two dogs went off naturally. It is a very difficult decision to make. It takes a lot of courage to tell the Dr our decision. However, it is the best for her as she is suffering.


Here's to Pingu. The "human" dog. The tamest & most unselfish dog that we've ever had. She taught me that you don't have to fight with the others in able to get what you want. Just be yourself, you will still be loved & pampered. I love you Pingu. Thank you for coming into our lives. May you rest in peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin